SIO was originally an oil mill established by Mr. BAUVIN, in the beginnings of the 20th century and became DENECK SARL & CIE in 1927.
In 1930, the company began extraction and valorization of soybeans. In 1939, it took the name Société Industrielle des Oléagineux, and in 1955 it became a public limited company (PLC).
Until 1975, SIO manufactured a wide variety of refined seed oils and specializing in soybean and palm kernel.
In the field of fats, until 1955, SIO, which produced refined and hydrogenated oils, but from this date turned to a highly technical process of interesterification and then subsequently, esterification.
Together with a French pharmaceutical company, SIO is an important player in the production of suppository excipients.
In 1981, SIO, until then, a family-owned company, was bought by the Lesieur group.
In 1987, SIO became a subsidiary of British Arkady in Manchester, the first formulator of improvers intended for industrial bakeries.
In 1996, Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) took over British Arkady and SIO became a 100% subsidiary of ADM.
Today, SIO has become a global player in the manufacture of injectable grade pharmaceutical oils.